My time away from vocational ministry has given me time to reflect on my previous two ministries and consider what I want to remain committed to and what I will strive to change this time around.
Remain committed to:
- Being one of the hardest working, passionate members of the staff
- Training missionaries to ensure hundreds of students are known, loved and cared for
- Being a student of students & their world
- Mentoring a few and being mentored myself
- Professionalism and excellence
- Networking with local youth pastors and building partnerships with established organizations
- Teaching and leading with creativity
- Being an advocate for the student ministry in the overall life of the church
- Learning new ways of doing ministry: INNOVATE!
What will be different this time:
- I will make time for a personal life…healthy boundaries
- I won’t put programs before people
- I will seek to integrate our student ministry more with the overall church
- Not gonna get involved in useless politics
- Will seek to release more ownership/tasks to volunteers
- Will complain less and point out the positive more
If I had the pleasure of doing ministry with you in the past I would love your thoughts on what I should keep doing and what I might want to consider changing.